Wednesday, April 4, 2012



Hi all...

I want to share something with you. The picture you see above is a photo of my car after I was in a terrible wreck. My children and my very close friend were in the car when it happened. I am finally able to come back and look at the picture with more clarity, and talk about the accident. We were hit by another car and pushed underneath a truck on November 27th, 2003. Thanksgiving Eve.

I was stopped at a tollbooth while entering the New Jersey Turnpike while on my way back from DC, and I woke up in the ER. My children and I survived with injuries, and our dear friend Brad did not. This trauma has changed our lives dramatically and irreverseably. Slowly, slowly, slowly, we are healing. There are many little ways to heal. I am finding that love and laughter are the most powerful medicine.

God loves us so much, and I believe He is with us when these terrible things happen. He cries for us and is sad when we are hurt. We don't know why they happen, but one day I am sure we will understand. I know that it was a miracle that my children and I survived. I am still sad that I lost my friend though I believe he is in heaven and I believe he is very happy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment